Saturday, May 14, 2011

A bit of catch up...

I really cannot BELIEVE it's been 2 years since I have written in our blog. There's no way to completely catch up, so I'll just start fresh.

We have been living with my parents since November 2009 and will probably be here until Ben gets out of school which is another 1 1/2 years away.

We have been talking about the possibility of moving to San Antonio, which is where his family is from, but nothing is set in stone yet.
I'm home enjoying and going through normal challenges with the girls every day and my parents really help out with them a lot. 

The girls get along so great, Alexis has proven to be a very loving mother to Kaitlyn. She really shows concern if Kaitlyn is upset.

Alexis started walking at 13 months and is really starting to put words together now. It's so much fun communicating with her. Of course, she's in her terrible two stage and it can be rough at times, but it's just something we're working on.
Kaitlyn started walking at 11 months and has started saying some words already. She so badly wants to be like her big sister. :)

*~~~~~~~~~~~~*

Ben and I went to a home school conference recently so I've been busy looking at curriculum's to start with Alexis when she turns 3. We will just have to see how it goes and hope we are all able to do the "school" thing. She has really started to show more of an interest in learning. We go through our "Your Baby Can Read" books more now and her attention span is holding better when I go through colors, shapes, alphabet and she can count up to 5 (when she feels like it of course). She also tries to count down from 10-1 which I think has a lot to do with "Mickey's Numbers Round Up" which is her favorite show. She currently does good at drawing circles and lines and she lets me take her hand and help her trace over letters I write.

Cinderella or "Rella" as she calls her seems to be her favorite movie. She has even named one of her dolls Rella.
 This is Rella
 

 Wow God has truly blessed us with an amazing family. We just had our 3 year anniversary on the 12th, we got to celebrate last night by going to the Keg.
 Until next time, hopefully it won't be as long. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment