Monday, May 28, 2012

Why Homeschooling is Our Hope for Our Family

So, as I'm out and about with Alexis, my 3 year old. I'm starting to get a few more questions  in regards to her being in preschool. I always just respond with, "We have preschool at home." I would say that most people accept it it, but I do get a couple disapproving looks.

It hit me recently that I should stand unashamed that our girls will most likely be homeschooled. That is, if it is in God's will for our family. I will be their teacher, I will choose what they learn and how they learn it. I will teach them things they are interested in. I will discipline them when they need it and hopefully they will LOVE school, not despise it like I did. And BONUS I don't have to miss those magical moments!

I know homeschooling will not be easy.  A lot of time will go into putting our school days together to keep it interesting for them and to make sure they learn the best they can.

I was not homeschooled, I went to public school and hated, basically, every moment of it. I barely passed history, biology, math and told little white lies to teachers to get out of doing anything physical in PE. I never had a lot of friends and for some reason was always shy and awkward. Socialization in public school certainly didn't help me.

So what's wrong with homeschooling? What's wrong with having one of the people that love them the most in this world be their teacher? Nothing that my husband and I can see!


Who knows what the future holds for us, but right now we're just having fun learning one small lesson at a time.


No comments:

Post a Comment